Re: Adding a latex class to a debian package

On Mit, 18 Jan 2006, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> >> 	tetex-bin | texlive-latex-base

versus

>       tetex-bin | texlive-base-bin, tetex-base | texlive-latex-base

> well as basic LaTeX files (I don't know what the class in question
> needs, but it definitly needs latex.ltx to build latex.fmt). Both the

This is the problem. It is hard to know what the actual deps are.

> 	tetex-bin | texlive-base-bin, tetex-base | texlive-latex-base
>
> What do the others think? Especially those with more experience than I

Definitely not a bad idea. But OTOH, it is useless, as you cannot mix
tetex-bin iwht texlive-latex-base nor texlive-base-bin with tetex-base,
so the first one would be the shortest possible which makes sense.

> Wasn't there something about maintainer scripts should not use absolute
> paths? In the TeX Policy we advocate

Completely true.

> if which mktexlsr >/dev/null; then mktexlsr; fi

Ok.

DUNGENESS (n.)
The uneasy feeling that the plastic handles of the overloaded
supermarket carrier bag you are carrying are getting steadily longer.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff