Re: poppler maintenance

Le mercredi 28 décembre 2005 à 13:09 +0100, Frank Küster a écrit :
> Dear gnome team,
>
> we, the Debian teTeX team, have just switched to using libpoppler
> instead of the xpdf code included in our upstream sources, and because
> of easier (and less) security updates I planned to suggest the same to
> the maintainers of pdftohtml and pdftk.
>
> Now I've learned that poppler has just been orphaned
> (http://bugs.debian.org/344738) and that the sources are already in the
> pkg-gnome svn repository.  Will you maintain the package as a team?

As soon as packages are in the pkg-gnome repository, our common practice
is that anyone in the GNOME team can give a hand on the package or
update it whenever needed, so the answer is yes.

If the teTeX team wants to have access to poppler sources to be able to
hack them or update them as needed, maybe we can setup a specific
repository on alioth. What do you think?