Re: TeXlive for Debian - the slice-it-out release

Hi all!

On Mon, 05 Dez 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> > . send patches to tipa and arabtex to upgrade them to work with tetex3
> >   and texlive
>
> ... and break our planned smooth upgrade path for tetex.  Please do not
> submit combined patches that make packages Depend on tetex-* (>=3.0...).

Ok, I stop this now. I will do it after tetex is in testing ...

> - Get fixed versions into testing of all packages that are so buggy that
>   they will break tetex's upgrade (format building problems)
>
> - Let tetex migrate to testing
>
> - Get TDS 1.1 versions of most packages into testing
>
> - drop the backward compatibility, i.e. the old TEXFONTMAPS setting in
>   tex-common and the changes to updmap.
>
> If font packages conforming to TDS 1.1 get into unstable, they will have
> to Depend on tetex-* (>= 3.0), and thus there will be a big testing
> transition:  All of them have to go in together with tetex.  In other

Ok, I got it (although I didn't have time to think about the transition
stuff).

> >   * blacklisting xymtex as it is not distributable.
>
> I hope this means that it doesn't get into the orig.tar.gz.

Yes, new .orig.tar.gz have been build. Same with ppower4

> Regards, and thanks for your tremendous work!

Well, I burden enough work onto you by doing stupid stuff!

I will be more of less off-line this week, working in Swansea with a
colleague.

MAVIS ENDERBY (n.)
The almost-completely-forgotten girlfriend from your distant past for
whom your wife has a completely irrational jealousy and hatred.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff