Re: arabtex: does not work with current tetex (and texlive) (patch included)

> Package: arabtex
> Version: 3.11-7
> Severity: important
> Tags: patch
>

> Hi Clint!
>
> arabtex does not work with the new tetex 3 layout, please see the TeX
> Policy in the tex-common package for details.
>
> I have taken the liberty to patch your packages so that it works with
> current tetex (and with the upcoming texlive packages).
>
> Attached is an diff on top of an unpacked arabtex package 3.11-7. I
> included it here also with some comments:

Thank you very much, Norbert!  I didn't have time to look at this,
but I would like to make a general remark:

Some of these changes will most probably cause arabtex to no longer work
with tetex-2.0.2 which is still in testing.  This means that it needs a
versioned depends; and in some cases it might be desirable to split the
fixing in two parts:  First only the things that are needed (and also
work with tetex-2.0.2), later, when tetex-3.0 has migrated to testing,
fix the rest.

This is possible because tetex-3.0 currently contains some hacks to "fake"
a backward compatibility that upstream doesn't provide, especially with
respect to the file placement changes.