Re: ppower4, java, and texive packages

Hi, Norbert, Frank and others.

On Dec 02 2005, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Fre, 02 Dez 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> > Does ppower4 run with any of the free runtimes?

Yes, it does. Quite well, might I say.

> I have decided to kick it out of texlive completely, as the sources of
> the jar file are not provided. And I cannot go after the sources.

I think that I can ask the original author (again) to provide the
sources.

> I guess distributing a jar file without the sources is not allowed.

Yes, I do think so.

Would you be interested in team-maintaining ppower4 this in alioth? I
think that team maintainance is the modern way to properly maintain
packages in a distribution.

Regards, Rogério Brito

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/