Changes to tetex-bin (was: SVN tetex commit: r176 - tetex-bin/trunk/debian)

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

>> Did I miss the commit log messages for my main changes to the patch
>> system, namely dropping dsf-patch.mk and using quilt instead - or
>> did they never reach the list?
>>
> At least on
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-tetex-maint/2005/08/thrd2.html
> there is nothing between revision 169 an 175.

I should probably repeat and explain a big:

,---- 170
`----

,---- 171
| Log:
| switching to quilt instead of my home-brewn dsf-patch which doesn't
| work: removing all *files and *old
`----

First of all, I discoved that the patch dependencies in my dsf-patch
Makefile snippet didn't work.  I'm sure they did at some point in the
past, but it was really complex, I found one more bug in it, and it
would have been hard to fix.

On the other hand, the main motivation for writing this was that all
other patch systems I knew of (dpatch and one other I gladly forgot
about) need to copy (and diff over) complete source trees.  Meanwhile I
learned about quilt which takes only copies of the files affected, as
dsf-patch did.  Not only did it work, in contrast to dsf-patch, it also
has documentation which dsf-patch lacks.

The switch was really easy; maybe I'll change (back) to -p1 patches
soon, as we had in sarge; that should be easy with quilt.

172 is the corresponding changes in rules.in/rules

,---- 173
`----

,---- 174
| Log:
| unfuzzy patch-libtool
`----

175 is there again, and it was a whole lot of work...