Font problems with pdflatex

Hi again,

after having latex 3 running, I have a problem with fonts in pdf files.
This is a well known theme, but with the old latex packages I had no
problems.

Attention: I don't know anything about this theme. I have some
conjectures, but they might be totaly wrong.

Do pdflatex have problems finding the correct font?

\documentclass[draft,german,12pt]{scrartcl}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\begin{document}
Some text to see if the output looks good in xpdf.
\end{document}

The pdf looks very ugly in xpdf.

$ pdffonts /tmp/test.pdf
name                                 type         emb sub uni object ID
[none]                               Type 3       yes no  no       4  0

Why is this not a Type 1 font?

Bye, Jörg.
--
Jeder weiß alles, keiner weiß bescheid.