Re: SVN question

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Go ahead.

Done. I have a SVN question, though. I wanted to update the file
properties in the three directories tetex-base/trunk, tetex-bin/trunk
and tex-common/trunk in one revision only, but I couldn't. Of course, I
could have done it if I had checked out the whole pkg-tetex repository,
but it seems stupid since it would store on disk a full copy of
tetex-base, tetex-bin and tex-common for each and every tag as well as
upstream branches (and double all this due to the .svn directories).

I tried to get a 'sparse' working copy looking like this:

pkg-tetex
|-- tetex-base
|   `-- trunk
|-- tetex-bin
|   `-- trunk
`-- tex-common
    `-- trunk

even with .svn directories in pkg-tetex, tetex-base, tetex-bin and
tex-common. For this, I first checked out pkg-tetex with the -N option
(non-recursive), then tetex-base, tetex-bin and tex-common also with -N
and finally the three trunk directories without -N.

The problem is that 'svn status' run in any of the directories checked
out with -N didn't work as expected (commit also aborted before I had a
chance to edit the log message, claiming the dir was not under version
control). For instance, with pkg-tetex, I got:

  % svn st
  ?      tetex-base
  ?      tetex-bin
  ?      tex-common

Similarly, in pkg-tetex/tetex-base:

  % svn st
  ?      trunk

which means the directories marked with '?' are not under version
control. Actually, I would say they are not _entirely_ under version
control, and I would have hoped that it could be sufficient...

Does anyone know how to make this work?

TIA,

--
Florent