Re: xpdf vulnerability?

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 11:11:08PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
INT_MAX is still 2^31 and XRefEntry is an enum, so I guess it's OK.
(I checked my amd64 system, but I expect INT_MAX is actually defined by
the C spec.)

No. It is not portable to assume that INT_MAX is defined in terms of a
32 bit value. I can think of systems where INT_MAX is 64 bits. If you
really want a 32 bit max use INT32_MAX from stdint.h. (I haven't been
following this thread closely, so I don't know if that's what you really
need.)

Mike Stone