Re: SVN tetex commit: r405 - in tetex-bin/trunk/debian: . patches

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 10:34:29AM +0100, Frank K?ster wrote:
> > Does appear to work.  In the current fmtutil, $progname is basically
> > only used for messages.
>
> No, it's not that simple, unfortunately, and your change would reopen
> bug #334613.  To reproduce it,
> [...]
> # rm /var/lib/texmf/web2c/latex.fmt
> # rm /var/lib/texmf/web2c/jadetex.fmt
> # fmtutil-sys --missing
>
> The problem is this code:
> [...]
>
> This particular problem can be solved by changing
>
> : ${argv0:=$0}

> argv0=$0
>
> However, you probably had a reason to do it this way.

I didn't introduce this argv0 exporting stuff, but I now understand
what it does and why.

Anyhow, my latest patch fixes the issue you've raised, it can now
correctly build latex.fmt and jadetex.fmt together, and also fixes
other stuff I discovered en route (notably: the warning message right
at the end of fmtutil and updmap was never displayed).

Thanks for explaining this!

   Julian