Re: fixing bugs in various packages

> Hi Frank, hi all!
>
> You may have noticed that I started to send in bug reports and patches
> to packages to work with tetex3.
>
> If you think this is inappropriate at the moment, please tell me.

No, go ahead.  There is just one thing:  If the package is architecture:
any, i.e. will contain binaries that are linked against certain
libraries, the packages should be fixed in a way that they can work with
both teTeX 2.0.2 and teTeX 3.0, so that they can go into testing
independently.  Otherwise teTeX 3.0 might have to wait for a particular
library transition to complete.

The main issues with this, AFAIK, are:

- TDS changes,

  a) font placement: hopefully irrelevant for packages with binaries,
     since the fonts should be in a separate Architecture: all package
     made from the same source package

  b) TEXMF/scripts:  This should not yet be used

- updmap-sys, fmtutil-sys etc:

  Maintainer scripts can probably cope for both, by testing which is
  available.