Re: dh_installtexfonts and dvips -P config.foo

Dear Danai!

First of all, thanks for the suggestion.

On Die, 29 Nov 2005, Danai SAE-HAN wrote:
> A few of my packages install fonts using dh_installtexfonts (very
> handy I must say).  But wouldn't it also be useful to create an extra
> `config.foo' file in, let's say /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/ with
>
>   Map +foo.map
>
> as its contents, so a command like `dvips -P foo' would work too?

Good question: Of course there is a slight problem here: For simple
dh_installtexfonts calls like
	dh_installtexfonts Map=a.map MixedMap=b.map
this would be easy. I.e. we could add
	config.a
	config.b
into the respective directory.

But with more complicated calls:
	dh_installtexfonts foo.cfg bar.cfg=42 Map=a.map
we would have to parse the foo.cfg file (which is possible, of course).

In the later case, do we want to add config.XXX for every XXX which is
*activate* in foo.cfg, or all even those deactivated?

Assume foo.cfg is
#Map a.map
#Map b.map
Map c.map

and we call
	dh_installtexfonts foo.cfg
which config.X should be generated? Only config.c, or also config.a and
config.b.

I see that it may be of use ot add something like this, but we first
have to get a good semantic of this, i.e. what it actually should do.

BEALINGS
The unsavoury parts of a moat which a knight has to pour out of his
armour after being the victim of an araglin (q.v.). In medieval
Flanders, soup made from bealins was a very slightly sought-after
delicacy.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff