fmtutil and additional formats

Hi all,

after the #338046 story seems to be over:
I guess it is a good idea to mandate in the policy, that other
maintainers have to use the fmtutil interface to generate additional
formats. This is a mich more robust way and I don't know how many
packages are still out there, which still use their own way to
generate formats.
Sorry, firstly I didn't know that the bug was in reality in the
program, but not in the postins script.

Thanks,
  Hilmar
--
Politicians are the same all over.  They promise to build a bridge even
where there is no river.