Re: dh_installtexfonts in tex-common, new usage

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 02:04 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> All these can be mixed.
>
> There is one problem: What to do if the developer calls the following
> for the package `fontpack':
> 	dh_installtexfonts maps/fontpack.cfg Map=bla.map MixedMap=foo.map
> AND there is a file debian/fontpack.maps.
>
> We would create 3 times the file 10fontpack.map, once from
> debian/fontpack.maps, once from maps/fontpack.cfg, and once from the
> provided Map/MixedMap cmd line arguments.

That's a complicated case. Your solution looks ok to me.

> Furthermore, I have decided that I add the magic header and a comment to
> *ALL* files generated! Developers can create their .cfg files and write
> comments into it, but the header is added anyway.

Sounds good.

> Finally someone should check the pod2man man page for stupid
> explanations and errors, and if we settle for this, someone should write
> up something for the TeX Policy.

There is a short reference in the TeX Policy already:

,----[ end of 4.1.1 ]
| Implementations for the configuration scheme described in this section
| can be found in Section A.1, `Sample code for font packages' and is
| implemented in the `debhelper' program `dh_installtexfonts'.
`----

This could be expanded (the grammar should be fixed to :-(. It depends
how much about the usage of dh_installtexfonts should be in the Policy.
Or if there is something in the implementation of dh_installtexfonts
that needs justification through the Policy.

cheerio
ralf