Re: transition pts-tetex-cm-super -> cm-super

On 15.10.05 Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at) wrote:

Hi,

> Two things: First, I don't believe I can actually use the control
> mechanism as a non-DD!

Not true. I'm not a registered DD and as you know I can do.

> On Sam, 15 Okt 2005, Hilmar Preusse wrote:

> > Well, I'd ask Mickael not to remove the package, but simply
> > create a dummy package, which does nothing more, than pulling in
> > your package. It can stay in sid/etch until etch is released and
> > will the be removed. He should prominently tell, that this is a
> > dummy package an can be removed.
> > After that clean up your Conflicts/Replaces lines.
>
> Good idea, but this will only work if tetex3 makes it into etch,
> otherwise we would have problems, since cm-super does not work with
> tetex2 (next version will depend on tex-common instead of
> tetex/texlive).

Umm, forgot that your new cm-super needs teTeX 3.0. OK, so then delay
that step until teTeX 3.0 is in unstable and tell Mickael not to
remove his package until this time, as his package does work with
teTeX 2.0.

H.
--
Concept, n.:
	Any "idea" for which an outside consultant billed you more than