Re: Too many conflicts? (tetex vs. texlive)

"W. Borgert" <debacle@debian.org> wrote:

>> If there is already a font package in debian *AND* it provides superior
>> support to teTeX/TeX live than the one included in the texlive-
>> packages, I will blacklist the respective fonts in texlive and depend on
>> the font package.
>
> Should be "superior or on par", IMHO.  If the texlive version is
> better and would work with tetex, the other font package should
> be dropped, right?

Not necessarily, if "on par" is only decided looking at the current
state of the respective package.  Having an active maintainer care about the font is
certainly better than putting the load on Norbert (see e.g. the choice
of Florent not to upload some upstream releases of lmodern because they
were buggy).