Re: Take over of texinfo/info packages

On 03.10.05 Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at) wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Okt 2005, Frank Küster wrote:

Hi,

> > The submitter is Hilmar, and I'm sure that the reason for his
> > submitting the bug was that we wanted to drop tetex-base's
> > dependency on texinfo. Therefore he requested that texinfo should
> > takeover building the format; at that time we assumed that it was
> > necessary.
>
> Hilmar: Is it ok the close the bug?

Sorry, late response. I don't promptly read all mails coming over
tetex-maint and some I read never.
I guess it is OK to close that bug. However the 01tetex.cnf still
contains the entry (commented out). If the format is not necessary at
all we should remove it completely. Or better ask upstream why it is
still there.

H.
--
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
  http://www.hilmar-preusse.de.vu/