Re: new cm-super and cm-super-x11

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> No. The pfb2t1c and t1c2pfb is introduced by the diff.gz. These
> program were written by the package Peter Szabo.

But they are on CTAN, in a Debian subdirectory.  Surely the CTAN masters
have asked the cm-super maintainers whether this location is in order?
And now it's there.

> Advantage: we don't introduce another source package
> Disadvantage: to build pfb2t1c2pfb one need to download the 60MB
> tarball of cm-super (just to get these 2 C-Files).

That's a point.  cm-super is Architecture: all, but the buildd's would
have to download the big source of cm-super just to compile two tiny C
programs.

> I'm still a little bit more for a separate pfb2t1c2pfb, as it is not
> really related to cm-super.

That's an other valid point.  Still it might be a good idea to create an
"upstream" project, if only on alioth, and not package as Debian-native.