Re: pfb2t1c.c & t1c2pfb.c

On 12.07.04 Szabo Peter (pts@inf.bme.hu) wrote:

Hi Peter,

yes, that conversation is already very old...

> > Maybe it's a good idea to package pfb2t1c.c and t1c2pfb.c
> > separately.
>
> I haven't packaged them separately, because that would be an
> unnecessary complication for the user installing cm-super, and
> those 2 .c files are not needed for installing cm-super anyway,
> because the platform-independent Perl scripts are also included!

In the moment I'm on the way to do exactly that. The reason is that
the fonts can be a single package, suitable for all archs, meanwhile
the both programs are built for every arch in a small package.
One of us tested the Perl script and said it is incredible slow in
comparision to the C program.

> > Therefore the question: what is the license of these? I couldn't
> > find a copyright statement in them.
>
> Public domain. (I've written them.)

I'd like to add the following header into the C files:

This software is in the public domain.  You may freely use, modify
and/or distribute it.

is this acceptable?
Further we've written a man page for both programs. When checking it

using one of the Debian QA tools we get the warning:

W: pfb2t1c2pfb: manpage-has-errors-from-man usr/share/man/man1/pfb2t1c.1.gz
/tmp/zmanpkICfH:25: warning: can't find numbered character 243

. It is probably caused by the special characters in your name, which
were put unencoded into the man page. Is is acceptable to spell your
name just Peter Szabo?

Regards,
  Hilmar
--