Re: Splitting the teTeX packages

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 19:13 +0200, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> Also, it might make sense to move ConTeXt to tetex-extra (without
> supp-pdf.tex and supp-mis.tex, though).

The reason why I thought supp-pdf.tex and supp-mis.tex ought to be in
tetex-base was that these files are used by graphic[sx] when MetaPost
images are included in PDF files. Since then I have learnt that all the
MetaPost macros/formats are part of tetex-extra anyway. An exception for
these two files is therefore probably not necessary.

I don't know much about ConTeXt, but AFAIK the integration between
ConTeXt and MetaPost is quite deep and important to the system. Keeping
them together (in tetex-extra) is probably the best thing to do. It
might look a bit LaTeX-centric to move ConTeXt out of tetex-base and at
the same time move back some LaTeX packages, but I don't expect ConTeXt
to be an important build dependency.

cheerio
ralf