Re: Take over of texinfo/info packages

Hi, Norbert, Frank, Hilmar and others.

On Oct 03 2005, Norbert Preining wrote:
> If yes: Frank, should I make a new -1 which contains the Close-clause
> for this bug, or can this be done via the web/email as long as I am
> not a DD bu tmaintainer?

May I give you an opinion?

If you actually make a new package (and I see that you'll do), please
don't call it -1 like you did with cm-super and cm-super-x11. Please,
keep the annotations on the changelog, even if they were not submitted
to the Debian system.

This way, we don't have problems with "downgrades" (that are actually
upgrades) and tools like apt-listchanges will work on your package
(otherwise, you'll break them).

Just MVHO, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/