Re: Font problems with pdflatex

Hello Frank,

sorry for the long delay, but now I take the time to answer you.

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
> Joerg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:
>
>> Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

>>> The extension is not -bak, but .postinst-bak, and this is chosen in
>>> analogy to .dpkg-new and .dpkg-old.  I don't know of any "tradition"
>>> here, what problems are you thinking of?
>>
>> That scripts expect to find backup files by searching for *.bak or *~ but
>> not by *-bak.
>
> My question is, what kind of scripts?  If you have a skript that you use
> to remove old cruft, and only checks for *.bak and *~, my answer is:

I have a script that searches in /etc/ all files created by dpkg during
an update.

find /etc -name \*.dpkg-* -o -name \*~ -o -name \*.bak -o -name \*.old

> On the other hand, with *.postinst-bak, you might not even know that a
> change was made, let alone whether the automatics managed to migrate all
> your local adaptations.

The intention of the script was that I get many questions while updating
and I often see things I need to update. But this blocks the update
process and I hit "keep old". After update process ends, I use my script
to find all files created by dpkg and compare them with the version
before. Then I edit the files and decide what should happen. The last
step I did was to set force_confold in ucf.conf and force-confold in
dpkg.cfg. Now I'm not bothered by file update questions while upgrade.

Regards, Jörg.
--
Ein Optimist ist in der Regel ein Zeitgenosse, der ungenuegend informiert ist.
                                                           (John B. Priestley)