luximono: problems and success

Hi,

some time ago I expressed the wish to install fonts in my home dir and
not lose the system fonts. This was implemented in the new tetex 3
packages and today I tested it.

I used the LuxiMono font. As said in the readme (of the tar archive) I
installed *.pfb in ~/.texmf/fonts/type1/public/luxi and the *.afm files
in ~/.texmf/fonts/afm/public/luxi.

The zip file, shipped with the tar archive I unpacked in ~/.texmf. This
intalled:

tex/latex/luxi/t1ul9.fd
tex/latex/luxi/ts1ul9.fd
tex/latex/luxi/luximono.sty
dvips/config/ul9.map
fonts/map/vtex/ul9.ali
doc/fonts/luxi/LICENSE
doc/fonts/luxi/luximono.txt
fonts/tfm/public/luxi/ul9b8a.tfm
fonts/vf/public/luxi/ul9ro8t.vf

The file dvips/config/ul9.map I moved into ~/.texmf-config/dvips/ and
created a file ~/.texmf-config/updmap.d/10luximono.cfg with "Map up9.map"
as contents. After all this, I called updmap (updmap-sys did not work,
maybe is TEXMFSYSVAR and SYSCONFIG in updmap-sys wrong?) and voila I can
use luximono with with latex (and pdflatex).

Bye, Jörg.
--
Two types have compatible type if their types are the same.
[ANSI C, 3.1.2.6.]