Re: Coordinating upload of teTeX-3.0 to unstable

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 11:45:18AM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:

> The number of packages build-depending on tetex (directly or indirectly
> via a build-dep on some conversion tool like debiandoc-sgml) is really
> big, and we will not be able to check this all by hand.

Doing just build tests for all those packages is easy, the harder
part is checking if they actually build correctly.

I can try to build all those for you if you want, and I'll report
those where I think that show problems.

Anyway, I think uploading to experimental should never be a
problem, and I really wish more people would use it to prepare
transitions.

And please don't assume that transitions are easy, that's what
most people think, and yet they all take way more longer than
they should.

PS: 3.0-4 build without problems on amd64.

Kurt