Re: CVS commits

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> I tried to check out experimental with the following command:
>   cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/tetex -rexperimental co tetex-base

That's the same here, also with -d:ext:frank@cvs.debian.org.  However,
the experimental branch is still there in ViewCVS, and if I do a "cvs
update" in an older checkout, it is not reverted to unstable.  However,
there is an error message:

cvs server: Updating .
P Copyright.Files
cvs update: invalid change text in ./Copyright.Files
U preinst.in
RCS file: /cvs/tetex/tetex-base/debian/rules,v
retrieving revision 1.61.2.9
retrieving revision 1.61.2.10
Merging differences between 1.61.2.9 and 1.61.2.10 into rules
[...]
cvs client: refetching unpatchable files
U Copyright.Files

Maybe the rules change was something Julian did against the endless loop
problem, but in Copyright.Files there's something amiss (but that may be
here).

> (and s/base/bin/). For any reason I get the unstable tree. Whats up?
>
> BTW: During checkout of base I got a lot of dirs containing just a
> subdir CVS and the files in them. I guess, this is a well known
> phenomenon.

Yes, that's essentially a CVS bug^Wfeature.  cvs update -P cleans them
away.