Re: About the updmap and VARTEXMF changes

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

>> Hmm, one can hope... Perhaps a debian-tetex-announce list would be a
>> good thing too for these kind of things...
>
> A Debian TeX Policy would be better, I'd say.

Yeah, but this would solve only one part of the problem. How would all
concerned maintainers be warned that a new revision of the policy has
been published and contains important changes?... Some trigger mechanism
would be useful.

> There's no functionality yet. Except that they are removed on purge, but
> that's an old feature, of course.

OK, understood. I wasn't yet enlightened about that remove-oldmaps when
I wrote the paragraph you were commenting...

--
Florent