Re: tetex-base needs a new orig.tar.gz

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> And from the diff.gz: listings.sty, euler.dvi.

I used the listings.sty from the current beta, not the one we currently
have in diff.gz, because ours is in fact non-free:

,----
| %% You are not allowed to distribute a modified version
| %% of the package or lstdrvrs.dtx unless you change the file names and
| %% provide the original files.
`----

This is like an "invariant section" clause and at least very problematic
(you can't take 20 lines of code from the package and integrate it into
your package, unless you also distribute the (perhaps outdated) version
of listings.sty that you used...

> After that the uudecode
> call in debian/rules is surplus and we can drop the B-D on sharutils.

Also removed addition-dvi from patch-tmp (and listings.sty, which was
there, too).

> We could add the patch of newhelpindex.html into orig.tar.gz but I
> don't think it is a good idea, as the patch is too Debian-specific
> (well, except the first hunk).

Yes, I also think we should keep that as it is. By the way, I hope a new
mechanism to update the newhelpindex.html will be included in the new
teTeX (I haven't checked whether it's included yet).

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie