Use etex instead of tex?

Hi all,

People seems to be more and more encouraged to use e-TeX instead of
the traditional TeX-compiler. In the next teTeX release
/usr/bin/latex will point to etex instead of tex. As I have doubts
that teTeX 3.0 will enter sarge and I'm afraid the next Debian
realease after sarge will not come out before 2006: Would it be a
good idea to implement that in 2.0.2 we'll ship soon? Unfortunately
just redirecting the soft link /usr/bin/latex isn't sufficient.
Before I further discuss about technical details: what do you think
about that idea?

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.latex.latex3/330

H.
--
Confidant, confidante, n:
	One entrusted by A with the secrets of B, confided to himself by C.