Re: tetex-base needs a new orig.tar.gz

On 21.06.04 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:

Hi,

> So, this is what we want to do:
>
> 1. Remove non-free files from the orig.tar.gz (this is a must!)
>
> 2. Re-add files that we have deleted from the upstream tarball, but that
>    are now free
>
> 3. Perhaps adding some updated files.
>
> Generally, I'd say we should stick to the decisions made by TE for
> tetex-3.0 - that is, we need not keep things that will be removed in
> 3.0, anyway, even if we can (see below)

Preliminary changelog attached.
Errrmmm: And very sorry for reacting *that* late. I assure you I
didn't have to do so.

H.
--
<change_m2> Will LINUX ever overtake sliced bread as the #1 achievement
            of mankind?

  * New upstream tarball: Repacked by the Debian team to remove files with
    non-free licenses:
    - removed psfig.sty (People still using it should consider switching
      to the graphics package. As long as this is not done you may use
      epsfig.sty from the same package) (Closes: #182324)
    - removed pandora fonts (Closes: #175623)
    - Some of the hyphenation files mentioned in #139900 are not contained
      in 2.0.2 any more, the other were taken from CTAN (with clarified
      license). ukhyphen.tex were simply removed (Closes: #139900)
  * Some files readded which were lost:
    - a0poster -- license clarified, new version from CTAN
    - g-brief -- license clarified, new version from CTAN (europs.sty is
      only used if available) (Closes: #176153)
    - caption.sty -- new version from CTAN (Closes: #251761)
    - fvrb-ex.sty -- license clarified, new version from CTAN (Closes: #177401)
    - cahyph.tex -- license clarified, new version from CTAN (Closes: #219294)
  * Include a correct fancyvrb.ps (in patch-tmp) (Closes: #256911) [frank]
  * Translations:
    - Updated Danish translation, thanks to Claus Hindsgaul (Closes:
      #255246) [frank].
    - Updated japanese translation, thanks to Kenshi Muto
      <kmuto@debian.org> (closes: #255672) [frank]
    - Updated french translation, thanks to Christian Perrier
      <bubulle@debian.org> (closes: #255891) [frank]

 -- Frank KÃŒster <frank@debian.org>  Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:21:05 +0200