tetex-base needs a new orig.tar.gz

Hi all,

as discussed before, we are planning to make a new orig.tar.gz for
tetex-base. I suggest that we collect the discussion in this thread.
Hilmar's in the Cc to avoid that he sends a mail with similar
content while this is on its way from the listserver to him.

So, this is what we want to do:

1. Remove non-free files from the orig.tar.gz (this is a must!)

2. Re-add files that we have deleted from the upstream tarball, but that
   are now free

3. Perhaps adding some updated files.

Generally, I'd say we should stick to the decisions made by TE for
tetex-3.0 - that is, we need not keep things that will be removed in
3.0, anyway, even if we can (see below)

As for point 3., I think we can agree well upon adding files that have
had license issues, but where just re-adding the file from the upstream
tar.gz wouldn't help - either because its outdated or buggy
(caption.sty) or because it's not in it (cahyph.tex).

An option would be to also include upstream fixes for other
bugs. Therefore I subdivide this topic into a) minor fixes, connected to
licensing stuff and b) minor fixes, no license issues. Just for the record I
also list as c) bugs tagged fixed-upstream which I think we shouldn't
fix, because they involve too complicated updates.

And in order to bring some order into this thread, I am going to send
this mail now, and then 3 separate mails for the three topics.

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie