Re: [Frank Kuester] Please describe your tasksel policy, and re-add the tex task

On 04.10.04 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

Hi,

> Packages I'm thinking of are

<snip>

> Looking at the list, I think it doesn't even make sense to create a
> meta-package or a task for this, because nobody will want all of
> them. But it would be great to have a list of related packages
> somewhere in /usr/share/doc/tetex-bin/.
>
> > These tools are very specialized often and it doesn't make sense
> > to install them as a single block.
>
> While I agree with your conclusions, I doubt that Joey is right in
> that "should know what they are looking for". Rather, I think we
> would do our users a favor if we would help them through the big
> bunch of possible packages.

I guess, you speak about the list you started above. Well, this is a
task, which could be helpful indeed. I guess, the best thing we can
do actually is to close that normal bug at tasksel and open a
wishlist bug against tetex-bin and ask for a file
/usr/share/doc/tetex-bin/helpful-packages.txt, where we can put into
a short list of packages and their descriptions.

H.
--
Insanity is the final defense ... It's hard to get a refund when the
salesman is sniffing your crotch and baying at the moon.