CFLAGS = -g in tetex-bin

Hi,

in debian/rules of tetex-bin one can find.

ifeq ($(DEB_BUILD_ARCH),ia64)
# check when this debugging flag was introduced - do we really need to debug alw
  CFLAGS=-g
else
  CFLAGS =
endif

I guess that was introduced due to some build problems on ia64. That
bug was fixed in an NWU and closed 1,5 years ago manually IIRC. The
closed bugs of tetex-bin should tell you more. IIRC that
CFLAGS += -O0 switch was introduced for the same reason.

H.
--
I THINK THEY SHOULD CONTINUE the policy of not giving a Nobel Prize for
paneling.