libcaca: FTBFS: "cannot find X11 development files"

Hi Folks,

am@zoy.org wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2004, Roland Stigge wrote:
> > reopen 266070
> > severity 266070 important
>
>    It's a very different bug. I think you should have opened a new one
> instead.
>
> > [...]
> > (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/fontenc.sty
> > (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/t1enc.def)kpathsea: Running mktextfm ecrm1000
> > mkdir: cannot create directory `/var/cache/fonts/tfm/jknappen': Permission denied
> > kpsestat: /var/cache/fonts/tfm/jknappen/..: No such file or directory
>
>    This looks like a problem with tetex, doesn't it? Are your tetex
> packages up to date?

I'm kind of confused by the way you handled this bug. Why the cloning?
Did you mean to assign the clone to tetex, Bastian? Why does it need a
VAC message on debian-private to hear from this bug? I would really
appreciate if everybody could notify the maintainers of suspect packages
if important bugs arise.

As for the bug itself: Actually this looks like

,----
|   * Fix permissions of the font cache directories, causing FTBFS of zope
|     (and possibly others) (Closes: #267413, #267752), thanks to Pierre
|     Machard <pmachard@debian.org> [frank]
`----

a bug in tetex-base, introduced in tetex-base 2.0.2b-1 and fixed in
2.0.2b-3. Bastian, why did you add the sarge tag? Do you have any
indication that this is also in 2.0.2-9?

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie