Re: ivritex: Type1 (culmus) fonts installation

From: Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@technion.ac.il>
Subject: Re: ivritex: Type1 (culmus) fonts installation
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:01:14 +0300

> You can try the following document:
>
> cat <<EOF >hebtest.tex
(snip)
> elatex hebtest.tex
> dvips -o hebtest.ps hebtest.dvi
> xdvi hebtest.dvi
> gv hebtest.ps

After installing *.pfa, *.tfm, *.vf etc. it seemed
there is no problem for me;

kohda:~/scr/tex/sample$ dvips -o hebtest.ps hebtest
This is dvips(k) 5.92b Copyright 2002 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2004.04.12:2220' -> hebtest.ps
<texc.pro><culmus-he8.enc><texps.pro>. <David-MediumItalic.pfa>
<David-Medium.pfa>[1]

As you can see in the above message, type1 fonts
David-MediumItalic.pfa etc. were in a generated DVI.

What is the real problem you want to know?

> > Perhaps you know well but basically if corresponding PK fonts
> > (or *.mf files) exist, generated TFM files for PK fonts would
> > work for corresponding Type1 fonts too, IMHO.
>
> However I would like the final document to use Type1 fonts, to make the
> document show better in Acrobat Reader.

TFM files were used by TeX/LaTeX and whether the final document
used Type1 fonts or PK fonts is completely irrelevant with TFM
files included in DVI.

Again, I'm not sure what you want to know, unfortunately.

Regards,			  2004-4-12(Mon)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima