Re: libxaw(7)-dev?

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> May I ask Murphy? ..... No, I don't have *that* message. Sorry.

Never mind...

> Well, certainly it does. So we could leave the removal to post-sarge.
> To fulfil strictly the B-D on woody is actually quite hard. Should I
> open a wishlist-bug about the removal?

You can remove it if you want, yes. The number of people who may benefit
from this B-D is quite small and replacing libxaw7-dev by libxaw-dev in
the B-D is trivial (and so is figuring it out if you don't have
libxaw7-dev available). So, the alternative dependency doesn't harm
much, but there is really no strong case for keeping it either.

> drachi:~# apt-cache show libxaw6-dev libxaw7-dev|grep Provi
> drachi:~#

Yes, it was probably a real package in pre-woody times, as shows this
changelog snippet quoted by Atsuhito in january:

xfree86 (4.2.1-14) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Make libxaw6-dev and libxaw7-dev conflict with and replace libxaw-dev (<<
    4.0.3); the latter existed as a real package in pre-woody unstable, and
    this permits smooth upgrades from such systems.
    - debian/control

 -- Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>  Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:29:52 -0500

--
Florent