Re: Obsolete manpages?

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while looking at the new beta release, I noticed that we are shipping
> manpages (or rather creating links) for binaries that don't exist even
> in tetex-2.0.2:
>
> 	ln -s tex.1 $(sharedir)/man/man1/frlatex.1
> 	ln -s tex.1 $(sharedir)/man/man1/frtex.1
>
> Any idea why we should keep those?

I can't see any if the links in /usr/bin and the corresponding formats
are not there. I never used such formats, but I know some people
resorted to them to manage accented characters with fonts in OT1
encoding (to get correct hyphenation, etc.). They were using the mltex
engine for this purpose.

--
Florent