Re: language.dat: Should we just enable all the patterns?

From: frank@kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster)
Subject: Re: language.dat: Should we just enable all the patterns?
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:29:19 +0100

> > Okay.  I'd like to know how you think of your code,
> > is it impossible or useless to improve your code?
>
> Currently I'm puzzled and don't think much. But in principle I'm quite
> confident that the code is manageable.

Good and I believe so too.

Then I'd like to say I couldn't imagine any reason
why we should kick out your code.

I couldn't see any advantage in enabling all patterns
over your code.  On the contrary, I'm afraid it might
introduce, at least, possible problem in default setting,
especially for a TeX user of non-ascii (or non-latin(?)
or non-alphabetic(?) or multi-byte) language, who needs
almost no pattern usually.

I feel your code would be, aesthetically, much better and
much smarter than enabling all patterns.

Regards,		   2004-3-3(Wed)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima