Re: lmodern fonts and sarge

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> schrieb:

> frank@kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster) wrote:
>
>> Conflicts: lmodern and Provides: lmodern should be sufficient if there
>> is no external part left (defoma etc.). If there is some non-TeX-related
>> lmodern left, we have two options:
>>
>> - Conflict with lmodern <= X, and check whether it works in one upgrade
>>   run
>
> Yes, it does. I've just tested this:

Thank you. But to be really sure, I would suggest some additional tests.

>  Preparing to replace bar 1.0-1 (using .../apt/archives/bar_1.1-1_all.deb) ...
>  Unpacking replacement bar ...
>  Preparing to replace foo 1.0-1 (using .../apt/archives/foo_1.1-1_all.deb) ...
>  Unpacking replacement foo ...
>  Setting up bar (1.1-1) ...
>  Setting up foo (1.1-1) ...

First of all, it might be lucky that bar is before foo in the
alphabet. Perhaps try it the other way round... And, more important, let
the packages change files. That is, in your setup (without swapped
alphabetical order, your filenames and versions), bar_1.0 would contain
the file /usr/share/baz, but bar-1.1 would not, whereas now foo-1.1
would contain it.

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie