Re: Build Dependencies of tetex-bin

On 27.01.04 Florent Rougon (f.rougon@free.fr) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

Hi,

> > drachi:~# apt-get --print-uris build-dep tetex-bin
> > Reading Package Lists... Done
> > Building Dependency Tree... Done
> > E: Build-Depends dependency on tetex-bin cannot be satisfied because the package libxaw-dev cannot be found
> > drachi:~# apt-cache show libxaw-dev
> > W: Unable to locate package libxaw-dev
> > drachi:~# apt-cache search libxaw
> > libxaw6 - X Athena widget set library (version 6)
> > libxaw6-dbg - X Athena widget set library (version 6) (unstripped)
> > libxaw6-dev - X Athena widget set library development files (version 6)
> > libxaw7 - X Athena widget set library
> > libxaw7-dbg - X Athena widget set library (unstripped)
> > libxaw7-dev - X Athena widget set library development files
>
> [...]
>
> > libxaw-dev seems to be the only one, which does not exist. Atsuhito
> > will you remove it from the control file, please?
>
> You should note that the Build-Depends is libxaw7-dev | libxaw-dev, and
> libxaw7-dev *is* available in unstable (and testing).

Yes, I did and I've seen that. Why did apt-get build-dep didn't work,
although libxaw7-dev is available?

> The "| libxaw-dev" part probably enhances portability by allowing
> to build tetex-bin on a system that is only partially upgraded to
> testing or unstable. Someone with a better knowledge of tetex-bin
> could perhaps confirm.

Maybe my apt version was just broken:

drachi:~# apt-get --version
apt 0.5.4 for linux i386 compiled on Aug 19 2001 01:02:26

Hilmar
--
NOTICE:

-- THE ELEVATORS WILL BE OUT OF ORDER TODAY --

(The nearest working elevator is in the building across the street.)
  http://rudi.urz.tu-dresden.de/~hille/