Re: teTeX and sarge-release

On 26.01.04 Hilmar Preusse (hille42@web.de) wrote:

Hi,

> We from debian-tetex-maint have checked your teTeX related package
> and have seen, that it tries to call /etc/texmf/dvips/updmap in it's
> postinst/preun script. As of teTeX 2.0 this file does not exist any
> more and has been replaced by a script /usr/bin/updmap. Your
> (de)installation scripts will fail.

Well, this statement is not true, as both packages check first for
the existence of /etc/texmf/dvips/updmap before calling them.
Nevertheless we should submit a bug and tell them, that the mechanism
for merging their map-files into ps2pk.map, pdftex.map etc. has
changed.

H.
--
Bigamy is having one spouse too many.  Monogamy is the same.
  http://rudi.urz.tu-dresden.de/~hille/