Re: current state of cm-super

On 13.07.03 C.M. Connelly (c@eskimo.com) wrote:

Hi,

>     RB> BTW, I haven't followed closely the discussions on
>     RB> d-tetex-maint (I'm not subscribed), but can I suggest that
>     RB> when you break down the package you create a cm-super
>     RB> package which depends on, say, cm-super-debfiles,
>     RB> containing configuration files for Debian and
>     RB> cm-super-fonts (possibly with other subdivisions) for the
>     RB> fonts themselves.
>
> This idea sounds good, and I'll think about it.  The problem is
> that all the material comes from the same source tarball, which
> means that updating one aspect would result in rebuilding all the
> packages, even though they wouldn't really be changing.  It might
> be necessary to create a separate source package for each major
> component.

I was searching on CTAN a while ago and found there the structure to
build a Debian package out of the CM-super-fonts. (in the subdir for
cm-super is contained a subdir debian). The author is Péter Szabó
(pts <at> fazekas.hu). I don't know if he's an official Debian
developer, but maybe you should contact him for cooperation.

H.
--
He who has a shady past knows that nice guys finish last.
  http://rudi.urz.tu-dresden.de/~hille/