Re: Gzipped pdf in tetex-doc ?

"Karl M. Hegbloom" <karlheg@cs.pdx.edu> schrieb:

> I wonder why you gzip the PDF when it is possible, according to the
> "pdfTeX-FAQ.pdf", to use "\pdfcompresslevel9" or an option in pdftex.cfg
> to get compressed PDF?

- Because the documentation is usually (always?) used as it is shipped
  with tetex, i.e. we don't compile it ourselves. Therefore we can't
  influence this.

- Gzipping makes files still smaller. E.g. scrguide.pdf.gz is 934k,
  whereas the unzipped file is 1.4M. I just checked again that this is
  really the version with compresslevel 9.

Bye, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie