Re: please proof-reading templates

From: Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de>
Subject: Re: please proof-reading templates
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:33:27 +0200

> Sorry, late response.

Ah, sorry but it would be modified again substantially.

> ????
> The config-files in /var ? What would go into /etc ?

A generated texmf.cnf is not a file for a user to
edit but a file only generated by a script.

05TeXMF.cnf etc. would be a file to go into /etc.

> > - if an answer is no, then create symlink of /etc/texmf/*
> > to /var/lib/texmf/web2c/* and never run update-* scripts.
> >
> ??

update-* scripts would be called from many other packages
so a user's choice at tetex installation/upgrade should
be passed to them through some flags.  And my intention is;
whether /var/lib/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf is a real (or normal?)
file or a symlink could be a flag.

> Many strings are double in that texts. Is that intended for
> emphasising?

No, perhaps unnecessary duplication.