Security vulnerability in xpdf code in tetex-bin?

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 09:51:48PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 03:34:26PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > If you know of any other copies of this code in Debian, let me know.
>
> tetex-bin ships a copy (I don't know whether the usage in teTeX is
> affected by this vulnerability).

Argh.  It definitely does contain the vulnerable code.  teTeX maintainers:
can you explain how this code is used?  If it is used for reading PDFs, then
this is a security problem and needs to be fixed in the stable releases, and
I need to know ASAP.

In any case, this code should be updated from a fixed version of xpdf.

--
 - mdz