Re: setting of secure mode in config.ps

Hi all,

I sent the followwing email to tetex-pretest but I
got no reply yet.  (Sorry if I overlooked it)

But we got several bugs on this issue so I would like
to know what is the correct fix.

> I noticed that config.ps in teTeX-texmf-beta-20021025.tar.gz
> (a bit old now, sorry) contains the lines;
>
>    % Execution of external programs is disabled by default. Set
>    % to z1 if you want backticks in \special commands enabled.
>    z0
>
> but, if I understand the comments correctly, I doubt that
> this is correct.
>
> As far as I tested, under "z0", dvips run in unsecure mode
> and under "z1" dvips run in secure mode.
>
> I guess the comments seemed wrong and the default should be "z1"
>
> If this was already known or fixed, I'm verry sorry.

I checked the latest teTeX-texmf-beta-20021116 but it is
the same.  If there is any my misunderstanding ?

Best regards,		   2002/12/1

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.