Re: CVS kohda tetex-bin: fixed missing prologue files for dvips

From: Julian Gilbey <jdg@polya.uklinux.net>
Subject: Re: CVS kohda tetex-bin: fixed missing prologue files for dvips
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:17:35 +0000

> Haven't checked, but please can we ensure that if files are moving
> from tetex-base to tetex-bin that we have appropriate Conflicts:
> and/or Replaces: lines in the control file?

In a system with old tetex,

kohda@nsx:~$ LANG=C dpkg -l tetex-base
ii  tetex-base     1.0.2+20011202 basic teTeX library files

kohda@nsx:~$ dpkg -S texc.pro
tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/dvips/base/texc.pro
dvipsk-ja: /usr/share/texmf/dvipsj/dvips/base/texc.pro
kohda@nsx:~$

But new upstream tar.gz for tetex-base didn't contain texc.pro
as the following showed;

civic:~$ tar ztvf teTeX-texmf-beta-20021025.tar.gz | grep texc.pro
civic:~$

texc.pro etc. seem to be generated at compilation of tetex-bin
but, I don't know why, it was removed and we installed texc.pro
with tetex-base in Debian.

In fact, rules of tetex-bin of former version contained
the line

	rm -fr debian/tmp/usr/share/texmf/dvips/base

which I now commented out.

I believe that this former method of Debian was a wrong way
and texc.pro etc. should be installed in tetex-bin from the
beginning.

Now, the main point ;)

You mean that old tetex-base and new tetex-bin or
new tetex-base and old tetex-bin is a problem, right?

I guess new tetex-bin Depends: tetex-base (>= 1.0.2+20021025-0.1)
so old tetex-base and new tetex-bin is eliminated.

So only possible problem is new tetex-base and old tetex-bin,
then we should set new tetex-base
Conflicts: tetex-bin (<= 1.0.7+20011202-8)

If I'm correctly understand you I will fix this later.

Best regards,		    2002/11/21

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.