teTeX beta packages

Hi all,

I asked Thomas when new teTeX will be released and he
answered me that it will be near the end of this year.
(Of course this is a rough plan and not a promise ;)

Also he told me that 20021025 seems not to be a bad choice
for Debian package.

I would like to know how you all think on this issue.

I think as follows;

* Upload teTeX beta;  I'm afraid if I do cvs-upgrade, there
might be some files which would cause conflicts and I'm not
so sure how to do in those cases.  Is it enough to replace
such files with files from new source ?
In this case, perhaps we can get reports on packaging mistakes
before new teTeX will be released.

* Wait the time when teTeX will be released;  I guess I could
make tetex-* packages within not so long time unless I am
not so busy at that time.
But I have a cvs-upgrade issue too and it might be better to
anounce experimental packages to debian-devel to get more
information on packaging problem before making official packages.
(It seems only two or three users have used experimental packages
now)

Best regards,			2002/10/30

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima