Re: tetex-base_1.0.2+20011202-3_powerpc.changes REJECTED

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 09:29:17AM -0700, C.M. Connelly wrote:
>     DI> Rejected: md5sum for
>     DI> /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/pool/main/t/tetex-base/tetex-base_1.0.2+20011202.orig.tar.gz
>     DI> doesn't match tetex-base_1.0.2+20011202-3.dsc.  Rejected:
>     DI> size for
>     DI> /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/pool/main/t/tetex-base/tetex-base_1.0.2+20011202.orig.tar.gz
>     DI> doesn't match tetex-base_1.0.2+20011202-3.dsc.
>
>     DI> If you don't understand why your files were rejected, or
>     DI> if the override file requires editing, reply to this
>     DI> email.
>
> When I built this package, I discovered that the .orig.tar.gz file
> in the archive contained a directory called tetex-texmf-20011202
> rather than tetex-base-20011202.

You can't upload an .orig.tar.gz with the same name and different contents.
It breaks every source package currently on the mirrors, as the md5sums will
no longer match.  It'll also break the source currently in testing.  To
change a .orig.tar.gz, you need to change its name, either by changing the
source package name (not recommended), or changing the upstream version
number.

> file I uploaded, which is identical except that the top-level
> directory has been renamed to match the name chosen by Debian's
> tetex-maintainers for the source package.

The top level directory is irrelevant as far as dpkg is concerned -- I think
we can live without this change, really?  There's several source packages
that are like this, usually where the pristine upstream source is the
.orig.

>     DI> Your rejected files are in incoming/REJECT/.  (Some may
>     DI> also be in incoming/ if your .changes file was
>     DI> unparsable.)  If only some of the files need to repaired,
>     DI> you may move any good files back to incoming/.  Please
>     DI> remove any bad files from incoming/REJECT/.
>
> Ownership and permissions on these files are katie.debadmin, 644
> (....reason) or 660 (everything else) -- I can't move or copy them
> back into incoming myself.  (Please check the script or update the
> message.)

This is known, and being looked at.

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)