Re: latex "stymied" BINGO

D'oh.  I did not realize that there was in fact a tetex installation in
my /usr/local(v1.0.6) which is causing the problems as shown below.
However, it seems that this has been there for quite some time and has
never been a problem before.  So it seems that the latest release
changed the search path?  How do I change my setup to first check the
/usr/share stuff before the /usr/local/share stuff?

Thanks for all the help with this btw!

-m

> Ugh.  What is the output of the following commands (run as root):
>
> texconfig conf
> which tex
> kpsewhich tex.pool
apocalypse:~# texconfig conf
==================== binaries found by searching $PATH
===================
tex:    /usr/bin/tex
etex:   /usr/bin/etex
pdftex: /usr/bin/pdftex
omega:  /usr/bin/omega
mf:     /usr/bin/mf
mpost:  /usr/bin/mpost
tcdialog not found.
dvips:  /usr/bin/dvips
xdvi:   /usr/bin/xdvi
kpsewhich:      /usr/bin/kpsewhich
mktexpk:        /usr/bin/mktexpk
mktextfm:       /usr/bin/mktextfm

=========================== Kpathsea variables
TEXMF={/root/texmf,!!/usr/local/share/texmf,!!/usr/local/lib/texmf,!!/usr/share/texmf}

=============== environment variables (ok if no output here)

apocalypse:~# which tex
/usr/bin/tex

apocalypse:~# kpsewhich tex.pool