Re: update breaks tex

Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmul.ac.uk> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 09:02:27AM -0500, Tomasz Kosinski wrote:
> > Yesterday, I updated my (testing) tetex installation with:
> > apt-get install tetex-base tetex-bin tetex-doc tetex-eurosym tetex-extra
> >
> > the installation was incomplete and exited with:
> >     dpkg: parse error, in file `/var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 5926 package `tetex-extra':
> >      empty file details field `MD5sum'
> >     E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
>
> Hmm.  Try running "dselect update" (assuming that apt-get is your
> dselect backend).  That should fix things somewhat.
>
>    Julian

[...]

Thank you, that got me back a working system, but Context is still
broken:

$ texexec --verbose font-mps.tex

 TeXExec 2.5 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2001

     locating ini file : not found by kpsewhich
     locating ini file : not found by searching
     locating ini file : no environment variable set
     locating ini file : not found in own path
               warning : texexec.ini not found, did you read 'texexec.rme'?
$ locate texexec.rme
$ locate texexec.rme
$ kpsewhich texexec.ini

thank you for any further suggestions.